Dr.Geo project: Erothosthenes' calculation of the Earth's circumference

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dr.Geo project: Erothosthenes' calculation of the Earth's circumference

HarishTella
Well the title pretty much explains it.

Project file

Some background on Erothosthenes

Open to any thoughts on it
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dr.Geo project: Erothosthenes' calculation of the Earth's circumference

HilaireFernandes
Administrator
Great! A nice example to work with kids.

Do you mind I integrate it in the next DrGeo release?

Best

Hilaire

Le 10/06/2011 21:56, HarishTella a écrit :

> Well the title pretty much explains it.
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/426534/erathosthenes.fgeo Project file
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratosthenes#Eratosthenes.27_measurement_of_the_Earth.27s_circumference
> Some background  on Erothosthenes
>
> Open to any thoughts on it
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://dr-geo.996172.n3.nabble.com/Dr-Geo-project-Erothosthenes-calculation-of-the-Earth-s-circumference-tp3050476p3050476.html
> Sent from the Dr. Geo mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


--
Education 0.2 -- http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dr.Geo project: Erothosthenes' calculation of the Earth's circumference

HilaireFernandes
Administrator
In reply to this post by HarishTella
I want more projects like this one

Hilaire

Le 10/06/2011 21:56, HarishTella a écrit :

> Well the title pretty much explains it.
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/426534/erathosthenes.fgeo Project file
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratosthenes#Eratosthenes.27_measurement_of_the_Earth.27s_circumference
> Some background  on Erothosthenes
>
> Open to any thoughts on it
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://dr-geo.996172.n3.nabble.com/Dr-Geo-project-Erothosthenes-calculation-of-the-Earth-s-circumference-tp3050476p3050476.html
> Sent from the Dr. Geo mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


--
Education 0.2 -- http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dr.Geo project: Erothosthenes' calculation of the Earth's circumference

HarishTella
Thanks, feel free to use it however you like. 

Dr. Geo is a really great tool. The Smalltalk back end makes it very easy to explore.   

I'll see if I can come up with some other interesting projects. 

Harish

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 6:14 PM, HilaireFernandes [via Dr. Geo] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want more projects like this one

Hilaire

Le 10/06/2011 21:56, HarishTella a écrit :

> Well the title pretty much explains it.
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/426534/erathosthenes.fgeo Project file
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratosthenes#Eratosthenes.27_measurement_of_the_Earth.27s_circumference
> Some background  on Erothosthenes
>
> Open to any thoughts on it
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://dr-geo.996172.n3.nabble.com/Dr-Geo-project-Erothosthenes-calculation-of-the-Earth-s-circumference-tp3050476p3050476.html
> Sent from the Dr. Geo mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


--
Education 0.2 -- http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire



To unsubscribe from Dr.Geo project: Erothosthenes' calculation of the Earth's circumference, click here.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Dr.Geo project: Erothosthenes' calculation of the Earth's circumference

HilaireFernandes
Administrator
Thanks.
I am curious: do you have prior experiences with Smalltalk?

Hilaire

Le 13/06/2011 06:53, HarishTella a écrit :
> Thanks, feel free to use it however you like.
>
> Dr. Geo is a really great tool. The Smalltalk back end makes it very
> easy to explore.  
>
> I'll see if I can come up with some other interesting projects.
>
> Harish
>


--
Education 0.2 -- http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Dr.Geo project: Erothosthenes' calculation of the Earth's circumference

HarishTella
I've gone through Squeak by Example and tried to make a few toy projects. 

I was looking for a project like Dr. Geo for exploring the Smalltalk way. 

If I wanted to fix some bugs or add something, what would be the right way to submit a patch?

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 3:48 AM, HilaireFernandes [via Dr. Geo] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks.
I am curious: do you have prior experiences with Smalltalk?

Hilaire

Le 13/06/2011 06:53, HarishTella a écrit :
> Thanks, feel free to use it however you like.
>
> Dr. Geo is a really great tool. The Smalltalk back end makes it very
> easy to explore.  
>
> I'll see if I can come up with some other interesting projects.
>
> Harish
>


--
Education 0.2 -- http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire



To unsubscribe from Dr.Geo project: Erothosthenes' calculation of the Earth's circumference, click here.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Re: Dr.Geo project: Erothosthenes' calculation of the Earth's circumference

HilaireFernandes
Administrator
Hello,

Right now the easiest way are:

- make a changeset and send it to the DrGeo forum/mailing list (do not send it privately to me)
- make a changeset and open a bug tiket.

Have fun

Hilaire

2011/6/13 HarishTella <[hidden email]>
I've gone through Squeak by Example and tried to make a few toy projects. 

I was looking for a project like Dr. Geo for exploring the Smalltalk way. 

If I wanted to fix some bugs or add something, what would be the right way to submit a patch?

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 3:48 AM, HilaireFernandes [via Dr. Geo] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks.
I am curious: do you have prior experiences with Smalltalk?

Hilaire

Le 13/06/2011 06:53, HarishTella a écrit :
> Thanks, feel free to use it however you like.
>
> Dr. Geo is a really great tool. The Smalltalk back end makes it very
> easy to explore.  
>
> I'll see if I can come up with some other interesting projects.
>
> Harish
>


--
Education 0.2 -- http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire



To unsubscribe from Dr.Geo project: Erothosthenes' calculation of the Earth's circumference, click here.



View this message in context: Re: Re: Dr.Geo project: Erothosthenes' calculation of the Earth's circumference

Sent from the Dr. Geo mailing list archive at Nabble.com.



--
Dr. Geo, to discover geometry on Linux, Windows, MAC and XO
http://community.ofset.org/index.php/DrGeo