-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : Re: Dr. Geo lens transform & Dr. Geo for XO and lens examples
Date : Sat, 12 Sep 2015 23:00:18 +0800
De : 洪朝貴 [hidden email]
Répondre à : [hidden email]
Pour : Hilaire Fernandes [hidden email]
Copie à : [hidden email], Using Dr. Geo [hidden email], [hidden email]

Hi Giacomo,

Hilaire's description was detailed. Let me just add a few things.

The most important tool I used was "locus" under the line tools submenu.
I recommend that you begin with drawing a parabola from its directrix:
This is not related to the lens, but it helps you understand the "locus" tool.

Since you are teaching this, I am sure you are familiar with
the construction of the image through a convex/concave lens:
Now consider the object (for example the circle
representing the head of my little stick man figure)
in front of the lens. If you pick a point on the object
as the independent (free) point, create its image
through the lens according to the optics laws,
and then tell Dr. Geo to create a locus (assigning
image point as the dependent point),
then the locus will be the image of the object.

You could further define this operation as a macro
so that it's easier to draw many more parts of the figure.
You could also apply the macro twice with respect
to two lens placed apart and get the effect of a
"two-convex lens telescope" (sorry I don't know its
correct name in English or in Chinese).
But as Hilaire said, it's not necessary to use a macro.

My example was made with the old version.
I do have a tutorial but it is in Chinese:
But I guess this is not very helpful even after
google translation :-)

Have fun with Dr. Geo!

--
校園P2P是否合法? 請搜尋『windows 10 打臉教育部』
Chao-Kuei Hung 洪朝貴

2015-09-12 21:42 GMT+08:00 Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]>:
Hi Giacomo,

Thanks for your interest in Dr. Geo.

In the zip archive attached to this email, I have packaged for you 4 sketch examples related to optics.

To open with Dr. Geo, you have several options:

1. Unpack anywhere the .fgeo files, then drag and drop any of the .fgeo file into an already open Dr. Geo window (you can make a group drag and drop as well).

or

2. Unpack the .fgeo files (not the optics folder itself) in the MySketches folder located inside the Dr. Geo application folder. Depending on your operating system you will have to do it a bit differently. For example, in Mac OS X you need to open the Dr. Geo application folder, in Linux or Windows you just to enter the DrGeo.app folder, then visit MySketches

Next from Dr. Geo itself go to the menu File>April (or in the toolbar the button with a yellow folder and a green arrow), then clic MySketches button in the sketch browser: you will see nice previews then select and open the sketch you want to open.

or

3. Unpack anywhere the .fgeo files, then from Dr. Geo go to the menu File>April in... From the newly opened file dialogue, go to the optics directory.

3 sketches out of 4 are from Pr. Chao-Kuei Hung, created several years ago, I hope he can provide you some guidance in case you need it.
The 4th example is from myself, it is a model of Newton telescope. In case you need hint,  I can assist you.

To learn how these models were designed, a few general hints:

- The construction tree in the left of each Dr. Geo window gives the chronology of the construction. However, hidden elements of a sketch do not show up in the construction tree.
- To show hidden elements, select the style tool (the palette button in the right of the toolbar or menu Modifica>Modifica stile). The hidden elements will show up in light grey colour. To show an item in the construction tree,  clic on its Nascondi attribute of the style pane controls. See screen shot bellow:

Edit the style

Most sketches come with hidden elements, revealing those ones ease its logic understanding.

If you check our Publication page, http://www.drgeo.eu/community/publication, there is one article related to your field of interest, written in Italian by Pr. Andrea Centomo. Dr. Geo, TeXmacs e l'arcobaleno. In case you want to design new sketch, I will be happy to assist you with advanced feature of Dr. Geo as script.

As far as I know, none of the examples required macro-construction. Macro-construction is useful when you want to repeat several times a tedious construction sequence.

Enjoy

Hilaire

Le 11/09/2015 16:17, [hidden email] a écrit :
Hello,

I've just discovered the Dr.Geo project and I find it very interesting and funny at the same time. It is an amazing tool for teachers.
Right in these days I was preparing some lessons about optics and I saw a couple of examples on the DG gallery that are very close to what I need to show. They are named:

- Transformation by lens
- Dr. Geo for XO and lens example

I looked for instrucions in the web site, but i could not find it, even i the video sections.
Is there any documentation about that? Otherwise, could you plese give me some hints to reproduce them? Was it done with macros?

Thank you.
Giacomo

Was this message helpful?
Tell us!