Le 13/02/2016 16:28, go.gators.go:
> Just trying this out to see if we can use it with our homeschool kids.
> help PDF says that there is a 'rotation' transformation option - but i
> don't see it on the latest version that i just downloaded -- am i
> missing something?
Go to the menu Transformation, then Rotation, then follow the
instruction at the bottom of the window.
Point, segment, line, circle,... can be rotated.
Oh you just discover a bug, thanks to report it.
Somewhere in 15.xx release of DrGeo the Rotation tool was lost.
I have limited access to internet (only email), I can't upload a fixed
version you could update from the "Tools>Update Dr. Geo" background
However as you are using Ubuntu/Linux you may be enclined to hack a bit
in your Dr. Geo system to get the rotation tool back. It is very easy to
Within Dr. Geo follow these steps:
- close all window
- press [shift]+[enter], a one line text editor appears on the right top
of DrGeo, it is a search tool for code
- key in "transformationTools" and press [enter]
- a new window opens, it is a source code browser
- in the lower part of the window you have the source code of the
transformationTools method to edit. Add #rotation after #translation.
After your edit, the whole line should look like: ^ #(#symmetry
#reflection #translation #rotation #homothety)
- Save your edit with the keys [alt]+s. The small orange triangle on the
top-right of source code text zone should be gone.
- close the source code browser window
- click on the background and select "Tools>Save session"
All newly open DrGeo window will have the rotation tool.