6 messages Options
Mia
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Unable to create a regular polygon

Mia
Hi! At first I want to say a huge thanks for developing such a beautiful interactive geometry tool. I found it several hours ago, and just can't stop experimenting with lines and figures.

Now I tried making a regular polygon. The guide says "Create a regular polygon defined by two points and a numeric value". I put two points - and that's it. I don't see any way to put in a numeric value - no dialogues, and entering number from keyboard does nothing. Maybe I don't understand something? I use a GNU/Linux version on LinuxMint 17 amd64 system, if this could help.

This time I needed a regular triangle, so I just built it with two circles, but anyway I'd like to know the answer for future.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Unable to create a regular polygon

Hilaire Fernandes
Administrator
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Dr. Geo.

The numeric value is an object you must create before, it can be as trivial as a free value you input (from menu numeric and text) or a numeric value as a distance, result of a script,...

You may want to take a look to the PDF user guide. Sadly the English version need some update compare to the French version.

Hope it helps

Hilaire

Le 23/10/2016 à 04:48, Mia [via Dr. Geo Forum] a écrit :
Hi! At first I want to say a huge thanks for developing such a beautiful interactive geometry tool. I found it several hours ago, and just can't stop experimenting with lines and figures.

Now I tried making a regular polygon. The guide says "Create a regular polygon defined by two points and a numeric value". I put two points - and that's it. I don't see any way to put in a numeric value - no dialogues, and entering number from keyboard does nothing. Maybe I don't understand something? I use a GNU/Linux version on LinuxMint 17 amd64 system, if this could help.

This time I needed a regular triangle, so I just built it with two circles, but anyway I'd like to know the answer for future.

Was this message helpful?
Tell us!
Mia
Reply | Threaded
|  

Mia
Yes, it helped, thank you.

Maybe it's better to add some explanation to the user's guide, like "...and a numeric value entered earlier (for example, with "Distance, length & value" tool)"?

By the way, where can I get the source file for this PDF? I'd like to translate it to Ukrainian (if I have free time).
Reply | Threaded
|  

Hilaire Fernandes
Administrator
Le 23/10/2016 à 15:12, Mia [via Dr. Geo Forum] a écrit :
Yes, it helped, thank you.

Maybe it's better to add some explanation to the user's guide, like "...and a numeric value entered earlier (for example, with "Distance, length & value" tool)"?

By the way, where can I get the source file for this PDF? I'd like to translate it to Ukrainian (if I have free time).

Here are the link to the source doc: http://www.drgeo.eu/help

As DrGeo is GNU package, I am in the transistion to convert the LaTeX doc to the GNU Texinfo system.

However I have not yet finished the preliminary study to convert to that format.

Hilaire

Tell us!
Mia
Reply | Threaded
|  

Mia
Oh, I'm too inattentive, sorry. )
I'll let you know if I have any success in translation.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Hilaire Fernandes
Administrator
Le 24/10/2016 à 10:30, Mia [via Dr. Geo Forum] a écrit :
Oh, I'm too inattentive, sorry. )
I'll let you know if I have any success in translation.

You will find some more information at the Dr. Geo welcome page of the documentation sub-forum:

http://forum.drgeo.eu/Welcome-to-the-Translation-and-Documentation-forum-tt4023918.html

Have fun :)

Hilaire

Tell us!